|Season 1, Episode 52|
|Air date||February 27, 1992|
|Written by||Dev Ross|
Quack of Ages
Stressed to Kill
Megavolt and Quackerjack, using a larger version of Quackerjack's Time Top, visit the future to enjoy the higher technology and accidentally take Gosalyn along for the ride. While they are in the future, both of them witness a far deadlier version of Darkwing who calls himself "Darkwarrior", harassing a pedestrian and sending him to prision for simply jaywalking. Then he arrests both Megavolt and Quackerjack, confiscating the Time Top. Gosalyn manages to escape and makes her way to Darkwing's old base within the Audubon Bay Bridge. While there she encounters an older version of Lanchpad who reveals that DW went mad with depression when Gosalyn went missing believing she had run away because he did not allow her to help him. One night however he came across someone who was in need and reminded himself of Gosalyn. Rediscovering his purpose he became a much more public menance and deadlier then many of his foes such as Steelbeak and NegaDuck. He also manged to succeed where the Fearsome Five had not, taking over St. Canard and imposing permanent martial law on the city. He would punish anyone for minor offenses. Launchpad is no longer a sidekick to him because Darkwarrior accused him of being too soft on crime after Launchpad said criminals should be arrested before they were sent to the electric chair.
Upon discovering the Time Top and he could travel into the past, he became more deranged and fanatical. He planned to revisit key law and order events and alter them so they would be more akin to his style of punishment. When he encounters Gosalyn he tries to reconcile with her. He fashions a similar suit of armour like his own so she can help him patrol the city and rid it of crime. Gosalyn was unhappy with Darkwarrior's extreme views on crime fighting and was not impressed with the armor as she could hardly move in it. When she protests his twisted views, he has her arrested and sent to prison. She leads Lanchpad, MegaVolt, and Quackjack in a prisionbreak so she can return to her own time and prevent the dystopian timeline of Darkwarrior. When she tries to save Megavolt and Quackerjack from being killed by Darkwarrior, he points what looks to be his gas gun in her face. Gosalyn notes she's not afraid of it, but, seemingly incredulous, he replies that hasn't used a gas gun in years, promptly changing it into a missile launcher. He again turns against her, noting that all her past attempts to misbehave were signs he should have realized about her being a bad egg from the start. He is about to use his weapon at her, but then resists, saying that he just can't do it: underneath it all, Gosalyn is still his baby girl, revealing that there is still a caring father inside of him. He is knocked out by Lanchpad allowing Megavolt, Quackerjack and Gosalyn to return to the present, preventing the Darkwarrior timeline from existing.
- DarkWarrior is model on Frank Miller Batman: The Dark Knight Returns in which told of an elderly Batman coming out of retirment to fight crime in a dyspotian future.
- As an in-joke there is a street sign named after Frank Miller.
- DarkWarrior Duck appears in the Darkwing Duck comic story arc Crisis on Infinite Darkwings, written by Ian Brill and drawn by James Silvani, as one of the multiple Darkwing Ducks of other dimensions that were brought to St. Canard by NegaDuck and Magica DiSpell. On a side note, he is also the only Darkwing that did not need to be brainwashed by Magica in order to be abducted from his home dimension.
DarkWarrior Duck is most likely a reference to or parody of the future Batman portrayed in The Dark Knight Returns, where an older and embittered Batman viciously and ruthlessly deals out his own brand of justice to evildoers.
Steelbeak, Ammonia Pine, Liquidator, Bushroot, Moliarty, and Lilliput make a brief cameo appearance during Launchpad's flashback.
- DarkWarrior: (In a tank and through loudspeaker) I am the terror that hunts in the night!
- Gosalyn: (On rooftop) Dad?
- DarkWarrior: I am the jackal that gnaws at your bones!
- (Jaywalker tries to slink away and DarkWarrior Duck fires a warning shot)
- DarkWarrior: I'm not finished~! I am DarkWarrior Duck! Maybe a year in the pen will teach you to use a crosswalk...(venomously) jaywalker!
- Gosalyn: What'd all these people do to get locked up?
- Launchpad: Ah, the usual stuff. Traffic violators, lawyers, plumbers, rude supermarket clerks, cartoon producers.
- Gosalyn: (Points to an old lady in a rocking chair) Who's that?
- Launchpad: Mrs. Mildew. She flunked DW in penmanship.
- Gosalyn: Well, at least he has some sense of justice left.
- Megavolt: Let me out. I'll make him sizzle like spit on a griddle.
- Quackerjack: Ooh, aren't we sounding folksy.
Megavolt: But traveling through time could put a hole in the space-time continuum, wreak havoc with history, inalterably change the past, present, and future forever! Actually, it sounds kinda fun.
- Darkwing: You should have been home in bed hours ago.
- Gosalyn: And walk out on The Viper Zombies from Wormwood Creek movie marathon? Not in this universe. Heck, I wouldn't miss the scene where the chainsawing cannibals beg for mercy from the slimy mutant slugs.
- Launchpad: Uh, gee, this popcorn isn't half as tasty as it was a second ago.
Gosalyn: You haven't even asked why I haven't grown. Darkwarrior: I assumed it was the junk food!
Gosalyn: Now, what's going on around here? The city looks like it's just been washed and waxed, the streets are deserted, and Dad's acting like Nobrain the barbarian. Boy, I slip away for a couple of decades, and the whole town goes down the tubes!
Gosalyn: And I used to gripe when he sent me to my room.
DarkWarrior Duck: I am the terror that hunts in the night. I am the jackal that gnaws at your bones.
Darkwing: I am the batteries that are not included.