|Story editor||Kevin Crosby Hopps|
|Animation studio||WDA Australia|
|Episode 72: Season 2, Episode 07|
|Date||October 19, 1991|
|⇦ Index ⇨|
Gizmoduck is asked by the army to protect a weapon displayed at the St. Canard Air Show. When Gizmoduck gets a hero's welcome in St Canard, Darkwing Duck becomes very jealous, at the same time Steelbeak plots to steel the new weapon while framing Darkwing. Gizmoduck and Darkwing must team up to defeat Steelbeak.
|This article is a stub. Please help Darkwing Duck Wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, and improving existing text.|
Gizmoduck: If you're not a criminal, how come you're wearing a mask?
Darkwing: Hey-hey-hey, let's not get personal, helmet-head!
Gizmoduck: It came with the outfit!
Steelbeak: (Disguised as Darkwing) I am the stinkbug that stains your windshield! I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!
- Of the movies that fit the description "they shoot the dog in the last act", Darkwing is most likely talking about the 1957 movie Old Yeller.
- The statue holding up a globe is a Darkwing Duck version of an Atlas statue.
- This episode marks the first appearance of the E.G.R.T. and the Key to the City of St. Canard.
- This episode marks the introduction of Gizmoduck to the Darkwing Duck setting. McDuck Manor is referred to.
- Scrooge McDuck appears on the "Welcome to Duckburg" sign Gizmoduck passes on his way to St. Canard.
- Darkwing's chair set is usually activated by pushing down the head of the statuette. Pushing the statuette sideways for activation is unique to this episode. When Darkwing himself leaves, he does so by pushing the head down as usual.
- Gizmoduck's upper beak turns white when he looks up at Steelbeak in the E.G.R.T..
- At the end of this episode, Steelbeak is standing in the back of the police truck with his hands behind his back as if he was handcuffed. Yet, when the vehicle drives off, he puts his hands around the window bars.
- This episode was released on Walt Disney home video titled The Birth of Negaduck.