|Writer|| John Behnke|
|Story editor||Tad Stones|
|Animation studio||Sunwoo Entertainment|
|Episode 86: Season 3, Episode 08|
|Date||October 31, 1992|
|⇦ Index ⇨|
Darkwing and Gosalyn go with Morgana to her old magic alma mater, where Morgana is to present her paper on a profound magical breakthrough. While there, Gosalyn is allowed to participate in some classes because of her natural affinity for the unnatural; but quickly finds the underpinnings of magic, complex mathamatics, too boring for her tastes. Bored because getting used car salesmen and politicians arent a challenge Bielzebub finds out about Darkwing and Gosalyn being at the school, and decides this is his chance to move up in the rankings of hell-by getting Darkwing Once and for all!
Gosalyn tries to find a short cut to learning magic without the hard math involved, but is hoodwinked into using forbidden spells when Beelzebub disguises himself as the school janitor. By using the forbidden spells she allows of Beelzebub to steal Darkwing's soul. Can Gosalyn and Morgana find some way into tricking him into letting Darkwing go?
- This is episode was never allowed to re-broadcast on Toon Disney after it's original run, because of the religious subject matter.
- Beelzebub also makes a cameo at the end of Dead Duck when he appears in D.W.'s oven! The Devil also makes a "twin" cameo as accountents for "Dizzy Studios" in "A Star Is Scorned".
- The Magic Brooms from Fantasia's The Sorcceror's Aprentice segment make a cameo in this episode, being yelled at by Beelzebub because they "don't clean windows".
- The creature that Gosalyn summons was called a "Gulerian Taronga". It was modeled after the "Lena Hyena" character in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". The first name was from Greg Guler, and the last name from a fan mailing list that Tad Stones was a member of, hosted at taronga.com.
- Morgana: Oh, Dark, don't you see? Dean McHex won't just be judging my paper, he'll be judging me! My demeanor, my style, my ability to think on my feet...
Darkwing: Gee, is there gonna be a swimsuit competition too?
- Darkwing: (About Gosalyn) She may not be book smart, but she's got great imagination! Just ask her teacher...who ought to be released any day now.
- Darkwing: What's this? The janitor's closet?
Morgana: It's...the library of forbidden spells. (Dramatic music) Gosalyn: So what's the library of forbidden spells? (Dramatic music) Darkwing: And is it gonna do that every time we say (Whispers) "library of forbidden spells"? (Dramatic music)
Darkwing: I am the water balloon that lands right on you head.