|The Darkwing Duck Wiki is a collaborative attempt to document everything related to Darkwing Duck, an early '90s American franchise by The Walt Disney Company that spun off from DuckTales. It primarily exists as a cartoon, but there are comics, including an ongoing series, and other media too. The wiki format allows anyone to create or edit any article, so we can all work together to create a comprehensive database by and for fans of Darkwing Duck.|
Featured articleSuits, Spade is not an easy teammate, but he is a trustworthy one. He is loyal to Pokerface and knows a good insult or two.
Darkwing Duck shines due to its rich cast of memorable and diverse characters. The main five are Darkwing Duck, also known as Drake Mallard, a superhero striving both to make the world a better place and keep the spotlight on him, his adopted daughter Gosalyn Mallard, who will always only do what she wants and what she believes to be the right thing, Launchpad McQuack, Darkwing's accident-prone but good-natured sidekick and third member of the Mallard household, Honker Muddlefoot, a youth genius living next door and best friend of Gosalyn, and Morgana Macawber, a powerful witch turned hero and romantic partner of Darkwing.
In addition to this unconventional family, St. Canard is home to many heroes, and even more villains. Some are demons, several mutants, a bunch aliens, some monsters, a few cyborgs, others robots, and anyone who somehow escapes these categories still has much to offer to the story. Keep your eyes open for the occasional visitor from Duckburg too!
Darkwing Duck began existence as an animated television series produced by The Walt Disney Company that ran from 1991-1995 and 1996-1997 on both the syndicated programming block The Disney Afternoon and Saturday mornings on ABC. It featured an eponymous superhero anthropomorphic duck with the alter ego of Drake Mallard. It was the first spinoff of DuckTales and the first Disney series to not feature any characters with comic book history prior. Following the '90s, the franchise went into a slumber to be revived in the '10s with a comic book series by Boom! Studios. This came to an end due to license issues, but the series was picked up by Joe Books in 2015 and properly launched in 2016.
|Cartoon (1991-1992)||Merchandise (1992-2013)|
|Disney on Ice (1991-1997)||Video games (1992-2010)|
|Disney Comics (1991-1992)||Disney Europe (1992-1999)|
|Disney Adventures (1992-1996)||Disney Afternoon (1994-1995)|
|Boom! Studios (2010-2011)||Joe Books (2015-ongoing)|
- Darkwing Duck and Megavolt knew each other in high school. Megavolt's change to supervillain was one of the core events that inspired Darkwing to become a crimefighter.
- Chicken Little and Abigail "Abby" Mallard from the 2005 movie Chicken Little take design cues from Honker Muddlefoot and Gosalyn Mallard.
- The illustrated book adaption of "Dirty Money" is called "Clean Money".
- July 2013: Vinylmation: The Disney Afternoon Series #2 is released, containing Darkwing Duck Negaduck and Bushroot and DuckTales Fenton Crackshell and Gizmoduck.
- February 24, 2015: Joe Books releases Darkwing Duck: The Definitively Dangerous Edition, a collection of the Boom! Studios #1-16 comics with revised text.
- April 27, 2016: The Joe Books comic series has been greenlighted again after being put on hold due to Disney's development of a new DuckTales cartoon and potential plans for more Duckverse revisits. The second issue is out now.
Want more Darkwing Duck? Then you could give these websites a try.
Go to these sites for info or for help with your own wikia!
Adventure Time •
The Amazing World of Gumball •
Ben 10 •
Cartoon Network •
DC Animated Universe •
Danny Phantom •
Darkwing Duck •
Exchange Student Zero •
Fairly Odd Parents •
Gravity Falls •
Looney Tunes •
Lucky Fred •
Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir •
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic •
PAW Patrol •
Pig Goat Banana Cricket •
PJ Masks •
Powerpuff Girls •
SpongeBob SquarePants •
Star Wars Rebels •
Steven Universe •
Teen Titans Go! •
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles •
Total Drama •
We Bare Bears •